The Elk County Planning Department on behalf of the Elk County Board of Commissioners has recently procured $500,000.00 from the HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED). The program funding procured will be utilized through the Elk County Housing Rehabilitation Program (ECHRP) to conduct Single Residential Owner- Occupied Housing Rehabilitation activities.
According to the grant guidelines, certain geographic areas must be targeted for each funding round. The Elk County Housing Rehabilitation Program has chosen to target seventy – five percent (75%) of the funds to eligible residents age sixty – two (62) or older within the municipalities of Benezette, Fox, and Jay Townships and the remaining twenty – five percent (25%) of the funds will target Low to Moderate Income households with the municipalities of Fox and Jay Townships. It is hoped that funding can be utilized to target other areas throughout the county with future grant applications.
For more information on this program, CLICK HERE.