The Elk County Planning Department on behalf of the Elk County Board of Commissioners is now accepting proposals for the 2017 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Funding is received through the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and requires that at least 70% of the allocation be used to benefit Section 8 low/moderate Income (LMI) persons. If your organization is interested in submitting a request, please contact the Planning Department.
For program guidelines, questions or to receive an application, please contact Tracy Gerber, CDBG Coordinator, Elk County Planning Department at (814) 776-5335.
There will be a public meeting held April 27, 2017. Please see notice here
Please be aware that as of July 1, 2009 all contractors MUST be registered with the PA Attorney General to be eligible for work with any County programs and projects. The Planning Department MUST have your number assigned from the Attorney General on file to be eligible to bid on any projects. All contractors are also required to carry at least $100,000.00 in liability insurance and workman’s compensation insurance if they have workers, this information must be provided at time of bids. Please click here for more information.
Current Projects Bid Specs:
Newspaper Advertisements for Current Projects:
- Bid Packet * Bid packet is completely updated, please review completely. All signature forms MUST be submitted or bids could be considered "nonresponsive"
- Historical Restoration Qualification Form
- MBE/WBE Guidelines and Requirements
Elk County Plans
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Procurement Policy
- Residential Anti-Displacement & Relocation Assistance Plan for HUD Funded Programs